iPads in the Classroom
Live Binder for iPads in Education (SO AMAZING)
1:1 iPads mean that every student has an ipad that they take with them from class to class (and maybe even home with them). This application of iPad technology has some amazing applications and research shows that this type of application is truly the best for students and teachers. It allows students to demonstrate their knowledge in a multitude of ways. The iPad is a vehicle through which they learn. It also cuts down on the amount of photocopying for instructors! This is beneficial for the environment and for those students who perpetually lose their notes and assignments. This application requires a few things to work smoothy. See the 1:1 subpage for the outline of how this could be implemented in a classroom.
My "Essential Apps" List - what all educational iPads NEED to have
1. EasyQR: websearches, creating
2. Google: search
3. Audioboo: podcasting
4. Pages: creating (word processing, flyers, reports, etc.)
5. Classicly: Classic novels/poems/plays, ELA, audiobooks
6. Edmodo: social networking
7. Wattpad: reading material (free novels), audiobooks
8. Popplet lite: mind mapping
9. Hitpad: News sourcing, social studies, current events
10. Flipboard: News, information, research, social studies, language arts
11. CBC news: News, current events, social
12. Clibe: Journalling, personal responses, health journals
13. Keynote: Presentation software, electronic posters
14. Explain Everything: Presentation, audio capabilities, collaboration, etc.
15. BaiBoard lite: Collaboration, project planning, creation
16. Dictionary: Language arts, vocabulary, etc.
17. Wikipanion: Reference
18. Overdrive: access to public library (with membership)
19. PixStop: Stop motion animation, creating
20. iMovie: Creating, videos, interviews, drama, public speaking
21. Aurasma lite: explaining, analyzing work, creating
22. This Day in History: understanding, exploring, timeline creation, reference.