Here is the place we will spill our thoughts on various issues and connect with other students all over this beautiful world to investigate, ask questions, and seek deeper understanding! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.
Compare and Contrast the following quotes to formulate a response and opinion:
1. "The 1 to 2 billion poorest in the world, who don't have food for the day, suffer from the worst disease: globalization deficiency. The way globalization is occurring could be much better, but the worst thing is not being part of it. For those people, we need to support good civil societies and governments."
- Hans Rosling
2. "We have benefited greatly from the globalization of the economy in the last 30 years."
- Phil Gramm
How to structure your response:
- Evaluate EACH quote: What is it saying? What is the opinion being presented, biases present, etc.
- Compare and Contrast the quotes against each other: Are they similar? Different? What is similar and different about their perspectives on globalization?
- Your opinion: Which quote do you agree most with? Why? Why do you disagree with one? Which quote is most closely related with your own opinions/grasp of the effects of globalization?
- Responses should be 4-5 sentences (minimum), spellchecked, use proper grammar (punctuation).
- Bonus respect points for adding in another quote or source (cartoon, article, video) that fits with your source response!!!
- Remember: others around the world will be seeing these. Use your best educated mind to formulate your response.
These will be reviewed for POSSIBLE summative assessment (we will create the rubric criteria together)